Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 4...Watching and Smiling

Plotting, planning, excitement, my kids get these "Great" ideas.  I am always hearing, "Momma, you know what we are going to do? or "here is the plan." I hear whispers behind closed doors, papers and pens pulled out and excitement behind bright shining faces. 
Many times I have to nix these plans, caution isn't always on the checklist when they get to plotting. Sometimes I hint about plans they should try, hoping that a spark will come to mind and they will be inspired but other times I get to do nothing instead just sitting back, watching and smiling.  
Today they woke up inspired by warm sunshine and a cool breeze. A morning when they truly acted like the best friends that they are.   They were busy all morning, gathering supplies, packing food, writing lists, because camping was on the agenda for tonights' event.  
Wrestling tent poles into tiny holes, fluffing up sleeping bags in a line of 4, pulling on head lamps, sneaking cookies and marshmallows for a late night snack, what could be a better way to spend the evening. The plotting and planning is as much fun as the doing.
My window is cracked and I can hear giggles and stories, funny jokes, spooky tales and songs they are making up. Watching their shadows, hearing their laughter, just sitting back, watching and smiling.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boggess said...

I really enjoy reading your posts! And your challenge to yourself has inspired me to post on my blog more. Keep it up! :)