Thursday, September 11, 2014

15 years

15 years ago, I said, “I do,” to this man that compliments me in a way that always makes me better.
The knowledge I wish I could share with these two and the risky we can do “anything together” attitude I wish they could remind me of daily. I love the way these two thought, how conquering the world was plausible and obstacles beware because they were ready. 

This picture wasn’t taken on our wedding day or even on the day Corey proposed but on a day that holds my heart fierce in it’s grasp. This day is a constant reminder, a stone in our journey together, of how one’s entire being can love another. This day our path’s became parallel, not yet one but a double lane road. Our plans became similar, including the other in what we sought, with the foresight that our roads would soon be a single lane.
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, 
and edify one another, 
even as also ye do.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
The year that followed was hard and busy, beautiful and strengthening. We saw each other twice in 10 months, writing letters daily, growing on our own and planning this life that was to follow. I will always be thankful for that year, that year of growth, of sharing, of two hearts growing closer, miles apart.  We married at the end of that 10 months and 15 years later we can see how God took two very young people, with goals and dreams that were self-serving and changed them for His glory.
And we know that God causes
 all things to work together for good
 to those who love God,
 to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
He has watched us stumble and braced us, watched us falling and made us fly, and has turned our efforts into perfection. Without Him we would be twisting grasses in the wind but instead God has planted seeds of joy around us, fed us, sheltered us and allowed us to grow.
And yet I show you a more excellent way.
1 Corinthians 12:31
More then anything in these 15 years, I am thankful for the struggle, for the hard times, for the imperfect moments that have developed in us as muscles of strength, a heart of perseverance and anchors of trust.
Hatred stirs up dissension,
but love covers over all wrongs.
Proverbs10:12

15 years ago we were scarless, our battle wounds were few, but the grooves we have now, the etches in our very being hold us tighter together, forging a unity that is ours.

2 comments:

Mrs. Boggess said...

Oh, yes! I think all couples should have a period of being apart before getting married. Mine and Jesse's first 2 years were long distance, then 2 more years living near each other, and then marriage. Happy Anniversary!!

cmoore5471646 said...

May God continue to bless you. Carol/ Mom