Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our Village

I took a blogging sabbatical in May, not intentional, nor planned but necessary for our growing family.  As I sit here typing with one hand and nursing a baby with the other, I can only say that adding another has brought us joy that is overwhelming.  After six, the feelings and moments of birth are still unexplained, unexpected, beautiful and exciting, bursting heart strings, unable to catch your breath wonderful.  Joel's story is written, waiting on pictures to be slipped into appropriate spaces and shared the moment it is done.

Wonderful people have filled our home this past month, Grandmama and Grandaddy, Pops, uncles and aunts, and great friends.  It felt like Joel was born and they came running, sharing in our joy and excitement, loving our baby, loving our kids and loving us.  We are filled and thankful, for blessings and the lovely people in our lives.

I have never been a believer in the saying, "it takes a village to raise a child" but if these friends, this family, is my village, then I pray my children soak in the kindness and love that has been shown to us, how special they all made us feel, dropping their lives to come and be a part of ours because that "village" rocks! and is what I want my kids to be a part of.  That inconvenience, putting someone else before yourself, going the extra mile to celebrate in another's excitement,  is one the greatest out pouring of love you can show for another....courtesy of "Our Village."

No comments: