Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweet words.

I took a trip with my children this weekend to see grandparents. What a great time they had with cousins, uncles, aunts and especially grandmama and grandaddy. To my children their grandparents are very close to perfect, they always have time, have good things to eat, hardly ever say no, and can think of the best games and stories to tell. They really are great grandparents, my children have learned so much from them.
A 4 1/2 hour trip with four kids isn't that bad, we have had longer but it is always better when Corey goes with me. He didn't this time so there was a lot going on in my head during this trip.
I love to drive it always gives me time to sort things out in my head but I had been dreading this trip because there were things I didn't want to think about. God however intervened and helped me see that I could focus on my kids this trip.
I began thinking about their lives and how I have seen them grow so much over the years. Not just physically but I have seen their minds and heart grow strong towards the Lord. The most precious gift I have received from my children is when they say, " Momma, I am going to pray for you." What an awesome gift and what a way to see how much they have grown.
As I have written many times, my children each have special personalities but I have began to see their gifts also.
I believe that John is very gifted in reading how people feel. When he was a baby, he would react off the moods of others. If I were feeling stressed out he would also, happy he would follow. I really had to watch myself 8 years ago. Now he can adjust his own moods but he still can tell how someone is feeling. This week has been stressful for me and Friday John sensed it and he decided it was time to pray for me. I felt such relief after my little boy said those sweet words to God asking him to comfort his momma.
A child's prayer is so innocent and simple, talking to God and having such faith that their prayers will be answered.
And he said,"Unless you change to become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew18:3
But Jesus called the children to him and said,"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16
My ongoing prayer is that my children will become Godly men and women, that they follow His will for their lives and love and worship Jesus Christ our Lord.
We had a missionary at our church a month ago talking about her mission field. It was a Sunday night so both John and Jacob were in there listening and hearing all these real life stories she had experienced recently. I could tell from what was going on in my heart and on their faces that God was working on them. John was so upset about what was going on and that teaching about Jesus Christ was not allowed, that people were killed because of their beliefs and that so many people have never heard about our precious Savior. At the end of the presentation, our pastor did something that knocked my heart even more, he asked all the parents to pray to God that they would release their children over to missions. What a huge thing to do, I thought, "Oh God I will go but my children, after what we just heard." Ever since they were born Corey and I have given them over to God for whatever he has in store for their lives, just let us help mold and teach them, so when pastor requested this of me how could I not do it. So there in our church I released my children, I prayed that my children would become involved in missions. I don't know what they will end up doing, maybe just supporting financially, prayer, or maybe even going to another country and facing things I have never had to, but whatever it is God will be there.

No comments: